Monday, October 3, 2011

Fire in the Belly

yo yo
check it out
gonna scream
gonna shout
got fire in the belly
got fire in the belly

chantin til I drop
expressin til I pop
no restin for the ambitious
feed my soul
give it all that's nutritious

wanna write like a
motherfucker
yeah that's right
like a motherfucker

don't wanna drink
just a sip of those thoughts
that I think
spit out what's no good
my mind's a dangerous 'hood

lettin go of resentments
don't want them pilin up
like pup tents in
my head or my heart
everyday's a fresh start

get down on my knees
thankin God
for my breath, for the day
that I got

right before me
is all I have wanted
nothin to search
nothin hunted

I got a fire in my belly
a flamin blaze in my belly

goin out to live this life
this IS my only life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment