Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Serpent Smarts

I had a dream last night that I was face-to-face with a colorful snake; I originally thought it was a coral, but after some research online, I found this photo of a Kingsnake which most accurately depicts the one in my dream.

I had a contraption that was much like the hand-held garbage pickers that people use who clean up street trash for a living and I used this to choke the snake right at the base of its head, aware that I didn't want its poison.
I am not actually sure that I killed the snake, but I do know that I experienced a fearlessness that I have not typically had with THE nemesis of all of my phobias !

Some time after this dream, I was woken by the force of my own inner God-voice, my wise sage-- "Tiferet" is the name used in Kabbalah. The voice was more like an annoyed tenant with a Brooklyn accent: "C'mon ! Get your ass up and listen to me ! I'm takin to you !" I sat straight up. What got illuminated for me was a series of conversations and events in which I dismissed the red flags, the wise inner knowings. How often I deny or quickly bypass the Reality of situations as a defense strategy. The snake dream was a direct link to this experience. In animal medicine, not only is the snake about shedding the old and bringing in the new, but its presence is also about wisdom.

I was guided this morning to talk with my sponsor and then a trusted healing classmate. More was revealed for me. How I still don't fully trust I can hold the Truth of what is here and how my "story maker" steps in (a guise of the ego I suspect) and taints the opportunity to uncover the real meaning, what is larger than just the parts of what is in front of me.

Something big is looming here for me and perhaps for those close to me. I am excitedly anxious. In this moment, I have been challenged by my classmate to let all the pieces come alive and to breathe into all that I am feeling and sensing from the painful and fearful to the wildly passionate.

I am shedding my skin. Gotta listen within. And get me some serpent smarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment