Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kudos to the Creator !


Dancing with the Devil
Originally uploaded by skarpi

Today's Daily Reflection is about writing a list of our blessings, part of expressing gratitude in sobriety. I couldn't think of a more fitting day to do this exercise, given the hyped-up hysteria of the world ending at 6pm. In the event that this is it, then I would like to wrap up my time here giving my props to God for all that I have been blessed with.

1. Being born with a healthy body and a working brain.
2. Adopted into a permanent home with 2 parents.
3. Having a sister and a brother.
4. Being provided food, clothing and shelter for 18 + years.
5. The opportunity for a good education and the inspiraton and encouragement of many teachers.
6. Having Robbie Brady's arrow only nick my forehead while playing cowboys & indians !
7. Grammy Mabel's love that was big enough to carry me through my younger years & beyond.
8. A body that was skillful enough to get me a partial field hockey scholarship.
9. My mother who always saw me as a teacher & getting to fulfill the dream she held for both of us when I couldn't see it for myself.
10. My father who did the very best he could amid the trauma that tormented him inside.
11. Surviving a rape.
12. The recognition of my powerlessness over alcohol and putting the bottle down nearly 21 yrs ago and not having been jailed, homeless or killing anyone while driving drunk.
13. The ability to listen to the guidance of a Future Self who saw the Truth of me:  coming out as a lesbian; every decision and connection I have made along the way to enable me to be the teacher I am.
14. Traveling to some of the most beautiful places in the world and swimming in sparkling, fish-filled oceans.
15. My 1st long term partner and her belief in my being able to start a business, supporting me to get my Master's degree and the gifts she was able to offer during our time together.
16. The courage to end my 1st long term relationship so that I could really live the life I was meant to live.
17. The gift of friendship that has been bestowed upon me through countless people, some here for a short while and others for the long haul.
18. The kindness of my friend Pam in opening her home to me when I had nowhere to go and for being the catalyst for me to enter my healing community and teaching at the Community College.
19. My healing community: for its container, its teachings, its love and the opportunity for me to experience the fullness of who I really am and touch others from this place out in the world. This is the place where I have met 2 of the most significant women who will have forever transformed and influenced the "who is" I've evolved into: my healer and the Love of my Life.
20. The Divine chain of events that led me back to AA after a long absence and to receive the life-giving gifts of the program and the Fellowship, especially those who have sponsored me.
21. The kavanah to continue to heal and to work on my defects so that I could honestly show up in all of my relationships, particularly the beautiful one that has been cultivated with a woman who is doing the same.
22. Every teaching opportunity I have had.
23. My dog !!! She is unconditional love on 4 legs.
24. To make a real Home -- a place I cherish to return to at the end of a day or after being away. It is peace and beauty and safety.
25.  The reconnection and deepening of family relationships,  esp with my sister and brother and their children.
26.  The current state of my financial affairs which is taking me into the 12 Steps in a way that I have not traveled before,   preparing me (as a wise sage has told me) to be able to receive abundance.
27. My relationship with God: to know your presence, to trust I will always be taken care of, to know I am never alone and always loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment