Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting to the Lake ...

Morning Blues by tropicaLiving
Morning Blues, a photo by tropicaLiving on Flickr.
In my previous post, I detailed a healing trek through a forest alone in order to get to the lake. I never lost sight of this mission: I wanted to be in the healing waters.

A classmate/friend sat with me yesterday to do a healing. He helped me to recognize that this "getting to the lake" included a process of trusting my inner wisdom; being lost and confused; asking for God's help; continue moving forward.

Where I am today re: my current intimate relationship has a great deal to do with "getting to the lake". I have experienced all of the above and more. We are at a crossroads of sorts. For me, it is a pivotal one. It involves whether I continue moving forward with her or without her. And, I have no illusions about this "great lake that will save us" either. It is about taking the next steps and moving into the solidness of the lake's structure and building a boat so that we can float and sail in its healing waters. And yes, there are mud and rocks on its bottom. There are flies, mosquitoes and other pesky creatures that live there. The lake is enclosed by majestic trees all around it and nothing but sky above. There is spaciousness and freedom here too. All is included and needed.

In these past 3 plus years, I have always held the big picture of getting to the lake. I did not know if it would be with her or not, yet it's always been my greatest wish.

What I do know is that I am committed to the journey and putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment