Friday, July 8, 2011

This is what I'm made to do ...

I titled this photo a couple of months ago during my wabi sabi exploration. I realize today that I was pre-figuring a mantra for myself that would have great significance in the interview process for a full time tenured teaching position at my local Community College.

During my interview yesterday with the Associate President and Vice President of Academic Affairs, I was asked this question to begin:
"Why us, why now?"
I smiled and my heart was beating wildly. I paused to compose my excitement and replied:
"Because this is what I'm made to do. I am called in every waking moment to teach."

In that moment, I could feel the intimacy of this trinity of women form and it would continue to develop as the interview went on.

Just before pulling into the parking garage at the College prior to the interview, I was talking and praying aloud to God -- asking for guidance, to feel God's presence with me and working through me. A statement came very clearly to me: "I am the work God has created me to do." This is exactly what I carried with me into the interview.

It is an incredible feeling to know what I am made to do. There is no other efforting that needs to be done when I am the work. All that is required is that I suit up, show up and let God flow.

I received an email late last night to inform me that I have been recommended to move up and there is one last person to meet with at the College (THE President of Academic Affairs). I am not attached to the outcome of obtaining the position, yet would very much like to receive it ! The most important part of this journey is the unfolding itself. The awareness of the work that I am, fulflling God's purpose for me here on Earth.

So whether I am hired or not, I wake up and I teach in whatever capacity and opportunity that is presented to me.   It is a choiceless choice.  This is what I'm made to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment