Friday, June 11, 2010

The Ultimate Container


Bryce 7
Originally uploaded by joneill517

In Jason's book, he speaks of God as the Ultimate Container: holding but not containing, containing yet allowing. He goes on to make this powerful statement: "To hold God, you need a Universe; when you allow God to enter your body as well as your mind, you ARE that Universe !"

At the end of the entire passage, he simply says: "Feel this." THAT is the part that really got to me. Shot straight in and yet I can barely wrap my brain around it. That may be the issue right there. It's not a mind/thinking concept, but a heart/feeling one. And beyond even that.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes and moved away from my laptop.
I let myself really "take in" , as much as I could, the idea that I can allow God to enter my entire being and when I do that, I am the Ultimate Container too. A contagious smile began to form from the inside, way down starting at the tips of my toes, and I wanted to burst out in fits of giggling. I got very tingly. My eyebrows wanted to touch the ceiling ! For these few minutes, nothing mattered and everything was significant.

I think I'm going to make this a regular practice and include it with my Impersonal Movement. I'll call it: "Feeling the God Container."

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment