Sunday, September 5, 2010

God and Me and You ...


Friends silhouetted
Originally uploaded by Mojo...

I have been steeping in honesty like a bouquet of tea leaves in hot water. In non-dual terms, it is the deep relationship between my interior (Tiferet) and my connection to another (Yesod).

This boils down to a simple equation: God and Me and You.

A product of the sum of this trinity is Truth. And if we're really lucky ... Love.

Yesterday marked 20 years of sobriety for me. Only 1 year and 8 months of that time has involved truly working a program to live soberly, with the remaining time clocked spent in healthy fear of alcohol and turning into my father. On the coin you receive for each abstinent milestone is the phrase: "To thine own self be true." I can claim that as being a valid motto that I am living by today; anytime before this period had only sporadic hints of honesty.

On this anniversary, I engaged in conversations with 2 different women I love about subjects which required just being in the Truth. The result was more openness and freedom and an abundance of love to enter in that spaciousness. I am learning that to be engaged in the world and in relationship from this place offers nothing but serenity. It is clean and clear and direct.  It is compassionately kind.  There is no second-guessing, post-conversation anxiety or scrambling to smooth over. Any feelings of wanting to avoid or isolate simply evaporate. I want to be MORE in relationship and an active participant in life. I am able to discern the next right action because it is arising from listening to my wise sage within and not moving too quickly to react to what I believe the outside wants from me. Unlike my drinking days, this way of living leaves no wreckage in the past.

God and Me and You. I'm in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment