Sunday, September 13, 2009

An intimate walk with nature: a dedication

A tender,  connected conversation today brought me to a place where my usual walk in the woods was captured from the inside-out,  rather than being the observer of  what is outside of me,  on the surface.   This feels like a reflection of where I am moving in my life,  in my recovery,  in my healing.   I realized on this walk today that in order to meet insects, foliage or even stones in the places where they live,  it requires a level of  personal intimacy  and a desire to be looking at the world from that place inside myself.   

To be touched by a butterfly is like having
an angel's wings brush your shoulder.  It's knowing
you too are a creation of G-d.
Both the fragility and the bravery of a living being
 can be seen in the movement of a spider.
I built this cairn to express my
gratitude and to honor 
the beauty felt within me
and surrounding me. 

 A parting from summer and an entrance into autumn
expressed in the deep hue of this leaf
reminds me of how transformation on the inside 
 is reflected on the outside. 
Like the seasons of our lives. 
Seeing the world from an acorn's view
helps me to truly recognize the vastness of the
universe and to understand my place in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment