Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Matters of the heart ...


I delight more than anything to find hearts in nature.   These heart-shaped leaves are everywhere if you are awake to see them.    This,  by far,   is the most perfect one I've landed upon.    In thinking about how they make me feel,   I am reminded about the many statements and lyrics re:  the heart made by my kabbalistic teacher,  Jason Shulman,  that have equally moved me :


Opening the heart means you have the space to hold paradox.


We want our hearts to be big enough to hold all of us.


We want to be open-hearted to our closed heart.


What is this pain in my heart it is you
What is this joy in my heart it's you too ...


Unlock my heart, oh G-d,  unlock my mind ...


Oh let me be an open-hearted man,
oh let me be an open hearted woman
oh let me be the one who understands
oh let me be the one who's filled with wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment