Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eleven


Eleven Turtles
Originally uploaded by ozoni11

During the 6 months or so before I ended my relationship with my former long-term partner, I began to see the number 11 show up a LOT. Primarily, anytime I looked to see what time it was, 8 out of 10 times, it was 11 after the hour. I can remember asking my yoga teacher at that time, who also was very into numerology and doing astrological charting, about the significance of number 11. I remember her speaking about it being a very spiritual number, the "master" number (since it contains two 1's, which are not divisible by any other primary number besides themselves) and a number which indicates strong development of intuition and psychic abililties -- both of which were becoming more apparent to me at that time in my life.

After the ending of this relationship, number 11 seemed to fade away. Not making any significant re-appearance until now. Over the past 3-4 wks, with gradual increase in frequency, nearly any time I am looking at the clock on my cell phone or in my car, it is 11 after the hour. AND, I am seeing the specific time of 11:11 very often.

I decided to investigate this phenomenon of number 11 a little more. I looked at numerous websites that I have trusted or have been recommended to me. Here are some of the findings about number 11:
- In addition to what my yoga teacher had shared with me (many of these sites confirmed what she said), number 11 is associated with people who are sensitive to "energies" and vibrational frequencies; people who are reflective and intuitive souls.
- 11 is about male and female equality.
- 11 is holding both sun and moon energy simultaneously.
- 11 is about balance.
- 11 involves refinement and vision.
- Since it is the digit #1 doubled, it takes on double strength of the meaning of one, which is about purity and new beginning.

I am really intrigued by the presence of this number in my life again. At its first showing, I was on the brink of the most major life transition to date. I am aware today that I have been in a quieter yet deeper transformational period in my life. This one is not the volcanic eruption and subsequent chain of shatterings beginning in the summer of '06; it is, instead, a time of great interior healing and my relationship out into the world from this place.

When I think of the meaning of 11 associated with my Kabbalistic work and with AA, two things stand out:

11 feels like the side-by-side pattern of holding 2 things, nesting opposites -- an integral part of my current practice which has had deep meaning for me.

The 11th Step in AA is about prayer and meditation and making conscious contact with God. The 11th step prayer is the Prayer of St. Francis. These aspects of my recovery work have been incredibly meaningful, particularly in the past couple of months.

Eleven rhymes with heaven. I like the sound of that.

Good vibrations...

No comments:

Post a Comment