Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Right in front of my nose ...


african pygmy hedgehog
Originally uploaded by Adam Foster | Codefor

For the past 48 hours, I have been agonizing, getting my ass kicked, by this concept of Poisoning Ground. It feels huge and powerful and difficult to tackle.

I sit on the toilet this morning and open my Daily Reflections. Here is the passage, titled : Removing "The Ground Glass"
"The moral inventory is a cool examination of the damages that occured to us during life and a sincere effort to look at them in a true perspective. This has the effect of taking the ground glass out of us, the emotional substance that still cuts and inhibits."
~ As Bill Sees It, p. 140

Jesus Fuckin Christ.

When I operate in personal-only and forget the Impersonal, it is also like trying to effectively work with only a few of the tools in my toolbelt while discarding the rest. I have been in non-dual healing mode-only for a week or more and have put my recovery principles off to the side. Bill W and my teachers Jason and Brenda have clearly all drank from the same well !

My resentments from my history are part of my poisoned ground. My character defects, including my alcoholism, are my poisoning ground!!! This is the ground glass that Bill is referring to in the passage - the emotional substance which still cuts and inhibits. The solution to working with this territory has been right in front of my nose. It's all here in the Steps !!!

Step One: I am powerless over the changing forms of others and my life has become unmanageable when I believe I can control these forms.

This really is a simple program for complicated people ...

5 comments:

  1. You my friend are deep. I love this post, your honesty and candor. My kind-a-friend. So glad I came over today. Thanks for friending me on Sandwich365 where it's all about the sandwich.

    One of these days when you have a few minutes, visit my other blog. I'd be flattered to have you there. www.alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze.com
    or ALWAYS CURTSY WHEN YOU SNEEZE .COM Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.... is that YOUR LEG? Your tattoo? Wow. don't hate me because I don't like the tats. Just come see me often. Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww ... thank YOU Keri for these honest, kind replies !
    And YES, that is my leg and my tatt ! It's archangel Michael.
    Am so gonna visit you on your other site !
    blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now understand what Molly was talking about when she said at the end of my life I shall five good friends. It is no mystery to me that you are here. You lighten my world and fill my heart. And by the way, I'm Ok with the tats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only I could proof my comments. My mother did say at the end of this life we are blessed to have five good friends.

    ReplyDelete