Thursday, November 5, 2009

Simplicity ...


There is a God Somewhere
Originally uploaded by Ben Heine


I realize that sometimes recovery and Kabbalistic work can seem daunting because I don't know where to begin or there's a lot to think about or how to get focused, etc...

This morning, it was just about getting on my knees in the livingroom and singing a favorite negun (a little song) of my kabbalistic teacher, J, and recognizing that within the act of it and its words, I was doing a 3rd, 6th and 7th step. Here they are:

Unlock my heart,
oh G-d,
unlock my mind.
Unlock my spirit too,
I give it all
to you.

Lighter. Free-er. More spacious. That's how I felt after singing these lines a number of times.

I am the one who makes my life complicated.

It's just that simple, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment