Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Woman in the Moon (Bathing my ego in moonlight)


moonlight in San Cataldo - Lecce, Salento, Italia
Originally uploaded by Piero Maraca Lecce

Beams of the
full moon
stream
through the
window panes
like searchlights
from the heavens
leaving perfect
squares
of illumination
on the floor

It is 2:35 am
and I am making
my way to the
bathroom
and am pulled
by this divine
light show
and I crouch
my entire body
into a glowing
panel on the
granite tile

My ego
urges me
to stop
engaging in this
luna-cy
and complete
the mission
I arose to do

It is in this
moment
the words
of my teacher's
passage literally
come to light:
"...the ego
doesn't see itself
as the beauty it
truly is.
Oh Reader !
Let yourself
heal into
Yourself ! "

I smile
curled into
my ball of
basking in
the light
and I say aloud
to my ego
"Awwwww,
I see you wanting
to protect me
from being
perceived as
nutty or a witch
and it's hard
when I stray
from routine
and your
need for
control."

And I pull
my ego-self
into my
God-self
and we
let the sweet
beams wash
and cleanse
us


How tender
it is to be
here
nesting
chaos/order
and
surrender/fight
all the while
bathing my ego
in moonlight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment